Operations Asset Manager
About the organisation
This Refinery supplies more than half Victoria’s fuel, as well as bitumen to build roads and jet fuel for Melbourne and Avalon Airports.
The refinery has been operating in Geelong for over 60 years, providing employment opportunities for over 700 people each year. The refinery boasts a diverse product offering across 4 asset areas and a strategy that has seen over $500million in capital investment over its recent history (inclusive of this year).
They strive to have a positive impact in the community in which they operate, making significant contributions to local sporting and community-based organisation that their employees are passionate about. This business has also further established its positive reputation in Australia following award-winning achievement in gender equality and is now striving to have a similar positive impact with indigenous employment opportunities.
As one of four Operations Asset Managers you will oversee diesel hydrodesulphurisaton and bitumen manufacturing, tank farms, oil movements and jetty operations. This will see you manage 5 direct reports including 2 Production Specialists, a Maintenance Coordinator, Asset Engineer and Jetty Controller.
You and your team will be responsible for ensuring;
- Operational Assets are safe and achieving/exceeding reliability targets,
- maintenance and improvement projects are prioritised and well executed,
- plant capability is accurately communicated,
- operational planning for all turnaround maintenance including scope determination and operational preparation,
- compliance and maintenance requirements for all plant and equipment are met and while maintaining oversight of 24/7 jetty operations.
It will be your understanding of managing assets, heavy continuous processing and ability to lead people that will see you succeed. This role requires a savvy people manager that understands how to influence their team, at times lead others without direct authority while investing in and developing the skills, talents and autonomy of the people in your work group.
This role requires;
- Ideally exposure to the Oil & Gas or Oil Refining Industries at a similar level
- As a minimum, time spent working in heavy continuous processing environment that possess similarities to Oil Refining
- A degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or similar, or an Operations career that has provided you the required technical knowledge to succeed in this role
- Evidence of strong people management and leadership skills
- A desire to work in a changing environment
- A person that shares in the values of Viva and the direction the business is aiming to head
If you wish to discuss this role further or want to see a detailed position description, please contact Tim Walshe on 0412 833 564 or email email@example.com