Occupational Heath and Safety Coordinator
Occupational Health & Safety Coordinator
Walsh Quarries have proudly been supplying the broader Ballarat community with crushed rock materials and sealing aggregates for over 40 years. With operations in both Dunnstown and Learmonth, Walsh quarries have developed a reputation for quality and customer service. This commitment to quality is backed by an on-site NATA accredited laboratory that proactively works to ensure Walsh Quarries continue to provide the highest quality of products to its customers.
The Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator (OH&S) role will see you perform a diverse range of duties to support the safe and efficient operations of Walsh Quarries across its Dunnstown and Learmonth sites. Working closely with the senior leadership team you will oversee all OH&S processes from end to end. From completing internal audits to facilitating safety meetings you will apply your excellent stakeholder management skills, natural flair for detail, and proactive approach to work, to ensure Walsh Quarries meets or exceeds all required compliance standards.
You will enjoy the support of Walsh Quarries senior leadership team, while also having the opportunity to take ownership over the OH&S process and make the role your own. Flexibility for part-time is available for the right candidate, in addition to a competitive salary package and great work-life balance.
Requirements of this role
- Formal qualification in OH&S or commensurate relevant experience
- Experience working in the manufacturing, construction, or mining industry is preferable however not essential
- A demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage multiple competing demands
- A ‘self-starter’ with a proactive approach to work
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A ‘hands-on’ approach with demonstrated ability to translate complex legislation into pragmatic systems and processes
If you are interested in applying for this role and would like more information, please contact Jonathon Gamble on email@example.com or (03) 5332 9955. All applications require a detailed cover letter and up to date resume.
Applications close for this role on Monday the 19th of April at 5:00pm