Medical Practice Manager
Ballarat & District Aboriginal Co-operative (BADAC)
Established in 1979 by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community in the Ballarat district, BADAC’s vision is to be the strongest voice and presence in the Ballarat District, supporting and respecting their people, enhancing our community, growing their culture, and honouring their heritage.
The organisation is extremely proud of the contribution and support they have provided the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community over the past 40 years. With changes at Government level to how organisations like this are empowered to support their communities, BADAC is entering the next natural stage in its evolution.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Medical Practice Manager role will see you manage a multidisciplinary team of 15 people including eight nurses, five GP’s, and two administrators. You will apply your prior experience in a similar role, and understanding of the NFP operating environment, to lead your team while promoting ownership and professional development.
In addition to supporting your team you will become a key part of the Ballarat & District Aboriginal Co-operative’s leadership team. You will positively contribute to the organisations broader program of growth and change while ensuring that all strategic business development and reporting is completed in-line with state and commonwealth requirements.
This role will also see you interact directly and indirectly with the regions Indigenous Community. You will leverage your strong communication skills, cultural awareness, and emotional intelligence to build trust with this community. Your approach will ideally be informed by previous experience working with Indigenous communities or diverse cultures and community groups.
Requirements of this role;
- Experience in a Medical Practice Manager role or similar leadership role
- High quality leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and empower a team
- An understanding of the current programs and initiatives in relation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in Australia
- High levels or resilience and emotional intelligence
- Understanding of accreditations and RACGP Standards
- A person who both understands and is excited by the unique challenges and opportunities of a leadership role within a community-based organisation offers
- A formal qualification in health or similar would be well regarded however is not essential
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact Jonathon Gamble on 0437 175 581 or firstname.lastname@example.org and request a copy of the position description. All applications require a detailed cover letter and up to date resume.
Applications close for this role on Friday the 22nd of January, 2021.