Sonac is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join their collaborative maintenance team based in Maryborough, Victoria. Sonac specialises in creating a range of food, pet food, feed, fertiliser, oleochemical and pharmaceutical products from sustainable raw materials. They service a number of international producers and require a maintenance technician to join their team with a focus on improving productivity and product quality.
You will be working within a positive and collaborative small team, demonstrating the flexibility to turn your hand to a range of tasks while practising high standards of occupational health and safety. You will be responsible for assisting the maintenance team in all aspects of plant maintenance including but not limited to; planning, preventative maintenance, spare parts control and hands on maintenance, repair, fabrication & fault finding of our equipment both at our Maryborough site and off-site suppliers in Vic, NSW, SA.
This position requires diligent record keeping and availability for on-call work.
Requirements of the role –
- Performing risk assessments, fault finding and repairs
- Control of spare parts and stock ordering
- Proficient computer skills – CAD experience an advantage
- Experience in fitting, boilermaking, engineering, manufacturing or another similar area
- Welding and/or fabricating experience
- Exposure to working with pumps, motors, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Strong communication skills with a keen attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and ability to priorities workload
Confined space permit, forklift licence or boom lift licence would be advantageous although not essential.
If you are interested in this position, please request a copy of the position description by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call Alisha on 03 5332 9955.
Applications for this role close Monday 7th September 2019.