JKs Meredith based client is experiencing a period of growth at their poultry farm and they are looking for an eager and fit farm hand. This high-volume egg production company service some of the biggest supermarket chains in Australia with between 8-14 sheds in operation at one time.
As a farm hand you will be responsible for the day to day duties associated with the laying production cycle, including;
- Shed cleaning and preparation
- Hands-on with pullets and hens
- Observe bird health and environment
- Daily checks including, temperature/humidity, water and feed
- Rodent control
- Manual egg collection from floor and belt
To be successful in this role you must:
- Be willing to travel with reliable car and licence
- Be consistently punctual and reliable
- Demonstrate flexibility to take on a range of tasks across the farm
- Must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia
- Be available on weekends
Previous experience working outdoors with animals would be highly regarded along with a forklift or MR licence.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your resume or contact Erika at JK on 0429 081 564.