Child & Family Services (Cafs)
Operating for over 150 years and providing programs and services to children & young people, families and communities in Ballarat and the surrounding regions, CAFS continues to work towards its goal of giving every individual the optimal opportunity to live in a safe and nurturing family. Led by a Board drawn from the communities in which it serves, CAFS now delivers in excess of 40 different programs and services to over 6,500 individuals and families.
Cafs is embarking on arguably its most exciting journey to date in the development of the Cafs Care Farm. The farm will offer a variety of therapies and assessment tools that have not been combined on this scale anywhere in the world. If you are passionate about this sector and want to work with an organisation that is driven to provide the very best holistic care to children and their families then this role may be for you.
Working closely with the Cafs' Senior Clinical Psychologist you will take a lead role in the delivery of Psychological assessment and intervention for high risk adolescents aged 12 to 18. This will be provided predominantly via Targeted Care Packages, within Cafs' Youth Services Program, allowing for intensive involvement in the process of supporting young people to move out of Residential Care.
Requirements of this role;
- Must hold current registration as a psychologist with AHPRA.
- Post Graduate qualification in Psychology.
- Experience working with at-risk children or a genuine desire to work in this field
- An open mind to what the idea of success looks like
- An understanding of the concepts of Trauma and Neurodevelopmentally Informed assessment and intervention.
- A willingness to think creatively and flexibly about the delivery of therapeutic interventions.
- Openness to working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary care team.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A genuine passion for the community sector
- A level of enthusiasm for research and ongoing career development
The values of Cafs are critical to their success, values of wisdom, ethics, community, accountability, respect and empowerment. Before applying for this role take the time to visit www.cafs.org.au and review these values in more detail, if they truly resonate with you and you are genuinely passionate about this sector then contact Tim Walshe of JK Personnel on 0412 833 564 or email@example.com to discuss further or to request a detailed Position Description.
Applications close for this role on Monday the 3rd of December at 9am.