JK Personnel is looking for expressions of interest on behalf of UniGrain for a Maintenance Fitter at their Smeaton processing facility. Established in the 1970's, UniGrain has a proud history in grain processing, growing from humble beginnings to be number 1 in Australia and a global leader in their industry. UniGrain supplies oat cereals, pulse-based foods through Australia and into an exploding Asian market.
You will join the maintenance team, alongside other tradesman reporting to the Maintenance Manager. Taking on responsibility for a range of maintenance tasks at UniGrains processing facility, the site includes medium and large pieces of plant, structural platforms, motors and packing machinery.
This role provides diverse exposure!
Suitable candidates will ideally have experience with lubricants, bearings, conveyors, motor changes, elevated buckets, fans and pneumatics. You will also be skilled in fabrication, sheetmetal, lathe work and breakdown fault finding and analysis.
- Welding experience, basic plumbing and mechanical repairs
- Exposure to a heated plant and the impacts this has on machinery
- Experience in carrying out preventative maintenance
- Time spent in a manufacturing environment is critical
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
The following qualifications would be preferred, but not essential.
- Relevant trade, Fitter or similar
- Forklift licence, EWP, confined space and rigging
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and resume, attention to Alisha Sculley. If you have any questions regarding this position, please call Alisha on 03 5332 9955. Applications for this role will close Friday 22nd of March.
Enjoy the flexibility of Monday to Friday or a Wednesday to Sunday role, working day shift with minimal call outs.