JK Personnel and its related companies is a locally owned human resource recruitment consultant service business. We are committed to ensuring that when we collect and use information about visitors to our website, we do so in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and the Privacy Act 1988.
JK Personnel wants you to feel confident using our website. We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected about visitors to our site, in particular ‘personal information’ that is capable of identifying an individual.
1. Collection of Personal Data
JK Personnel may collect information about you such as your name, contact details, skills, qualifications, accreditations and your employment history. We may also collect other types of personal information such as references and employment objectives during the course of dealing with you, for example if you are considered for a particular employment position. Where practical, the purpose for which we collect personal information and the consequences of not providing it will be made clear at the time of collection.
When you visit our website, we may collect information you have given us when:
Registering to our services or requesting further services on our website.
- Contact us to report a problem with our website or make any enquiry, query or comment; and / or
- You apply online to register for employment or to apply for a specific job through JK Personnel, you may need to provide (without limitation) information about your education, employment history and accreditations. Your application will constitute your express consent to our use of this information to access your application and to allow us to carry out any reference checking and other related activities as may be required of us under applicable law as an employer.
JK Personnel may also collect information from public record and third parties.
2. Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
- To provide our service to you
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate
- To enable you to submit your CV generally, to register for employment with us or to apply for specific jobs
- To assist us in potentially finding a position that is suitable for you and, where you provide your prior consent as a candidate, to send your personal information to clients in order to be considered for vacancies
- To answer your enquiry
- To direct market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications
- To trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you have requested, such as psychometric evaluations or skill tests, and also provide services to us, such as professional advisers and IT consultants. These third parties must comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as JK Personnel
- We may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement authorities, if they require us to do so; and
- We may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
3. Sensitive Information
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). It is the information or an opinion about you, including racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership or a political opinions, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal records and health information. JK Personnel will provide the purpose for the collection and only be disclosed with your consent.
4. Privacy on Our Website
(a) Submitting your Curriculum Vitae (“CV”) and Applying for Jobs
You may submit your CV to JK Personnel via this website, either for general consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they arise or to apply for a specific advertised job. Once submitted, your CV will be sent directly to the relevant JK Personnel recruitment consultant who will review your details and advise you whether you are to be accepted by us for registration on our database (this depends on the type of work you are looking for). This database, including your personal information, can be accessed by any of our recruitment consultants working in our office. If you are accepted onto our database, our recruitment consultant’s may contact you to set up an interview in person if they feel your background matches the requirements of current vacancies.
(b) Aggregate Information about Website Visitors
We gather information and statistics about all visitors to this website, including the most frequently accessed pages and most frequently used services. We only use such data in aggregate form (this information does not identify any one individual). This information helps us determine the most beneficial parts of our website and ways in which we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users.
JK Personnel takes reasonable steps to keep personal information secure, accurate and up to date. The internet is not always a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, while we seek to protect your personal information by implementing digital security systems in various parts of our website, JK Personnel cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or from any unauthorised access or use of that information. Where we have links to websites outside of JK Personnel, we cannot ensure that your privacy will be protected in accordance with this policy. You should consult these other websites privacy policies as we have no control over them are not responsible for any information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
6. Access to Personal Information
You may request access to or update or to delete your personal information held at JK Personnel by contacting the JK Personnel Privacy Officer as set out below. We may ask to verify your identity and for more information about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and give you reasons for doing so. Where you request your personal information to be updated and there is a dispute about the facts, we will make a note on your personal information of such dispute.
You may also request that JK Personnel stops using your information and contacting you and we will comply with your request (for example if at any time you would prefer to stop receiving newsletter and updates from us, please use the “unsubscribe” option included in the email or other material). However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our customers. We reserve the right to charge an administrative fee for access and updating requests.
At JK Personnel we aim to acknowledge receipt as soon as possible and commit to resolve all complaints no later than 21 days. However, there may be instances where this is not possible due to the contents of the complaint. In such circumstances, we will respond to your complaint in a reasonable and practical time. You may wish to contact the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) if you are not satisfied with our respond to your complaint.
Contact details: Jennifer Kelly - firstname.lastname@example.org